Friday, October 08, 2004

I'm out, and I'm gorn...



I seem to have a Beastie Boys song playing in my head. Nice. Of course, how exactly to spell the word gone to convey the pronunciation is a tricky issue. Is gorn better than gawn or indeed goarn? I suspect that I will make do... Of course, gorn has the advantage of being a Star Trek race:



And a mighty cool looking one it is :)

I am now half way through the mountain of essays I collected on Monday. This is a little sad, as I'd much rather be all-the-way through, or any amount more than half. Stll, progress has been made. Somewhere in the vicinity of 100 essays now have grades and comments written on them.

Last night saw the end of Season Two of Luke's excellent Exalted game. We had our wayward Aselsi back, and it was a character intensive session, getting hooked back into all the madness that was happening at the beginning of the season, starting to experience some of the consequences of our deeds. A great deal of fun, and a fitting end to the season, and to the weekday roleplaying of this hectic week. Not having to drive anywhere, as the game came to us, was also greatly appreciated.

After a long week, I am now pretty brain-fried, and find that whilst I can sit in front of marking, and force my eyes to look at it, I can't concentrate long enough to read a whole essay, let alone assess it. Hence, I shall throw in the towel, get away from this place, and (sadly) take some of the marking home over the weekend. I didn't want to have to take any work home, but as the deadline for marking is Monday, it doesn't look like I have a choice.

More gaming to look forward to tomorrow, and 2 chances to sleep in. Plus, the third episode in the new HHGG series. And chillin' in my crib! w00t!

No comments: