Once again, I was trapped in a quiet exam room with a number of students. Once again, I found myself needing to do something to prevent me from falling asleep. Once again, I roamed the exam counting students with sideburns.
To recap: Y11 exam, 79 male students, 5 had sideburns.
Y13 Exam (seventh form), a mere 19 male students, and 6 had sideburns. Does this mean that it’s a fashion trend that’s catching on with the older crowd faster than the young, or does it simply mean that most 15-16 year old boys are incapable of growing sideburns? I know I started shaving around 4th form (though I should have started earlier). Hmmm, a mystery to ponder indeed…
Seventies hairstyles seem to be taking off too (around these parts anyways). Hair combed over ears, the occasional budding mullet, shaggy hair for boys - I've mostly noticed bad 70's hair on boys so far.
The hours just fly by when you're supervising an exam.
No comments:
Post a Comment