Friday, October 15, 2004

A Mountain of Paperwork



Prizegiving - ugh. I am one of 2 'office monkeys' for the prizegiving committee, because apparently I have computer skills, and too much free time. So far it mostly involves giant, painful amounts of paperwork. Still, I will get to go shopping instead of teaching a class some time next week, and will have some time off classes to help set things up on the day (and the day before), so it's not all bad. And I'm being seen to be doing something other than loafing around and blogging, so that can't be bad.
On a more neanderthallic note, the caveman game went well last night. I ended up leaving out a couple of Debbie's suggestions, not by design, but rather because I hadn't written them down. It's a strange thing - when I run my own games, I tend to stick pretty closely to what I've written down, as if I were running someone else's scenario. In large part this is because my memory is not fantastic, so something I wrote 3 or 4 months ago is as familiar to me as something I read a week ago. I have, upon occasion, come across something I wrote a few years ago and not recognised it, until I got to the end and saw my name.

So anyways, there are a few changes to be made, some of them big, some small. The game was fine fun yesterday - with improvements, it should be pretty good, and fairly robust.

One more class, 50 more forms to process, then the weekend! w00t!

No comments: