Thursday, September 09, 2004

Good Vibes



I'm pretty happy right now. A number of pleasant events are converging to make me a happy Matt. The sun is shining, the week is mostly done, and I actually feel like I'm doing a good job at school. I have a relaxing afternoon with only one lesson, and that's in the computer lab. The weekend is looming, and is likely to contain costume sillyness, maybe some delicious alcoholic beverages, and time with my wonderful Debz.
Ahhh, the sigh of a happy man.

A couple of things have contributed to my 'not feeling terribly hopeless at my job' sentiments. My junior classes performed admirably in the interclass debates - one class lost, the other won. The important thing was that neither class embarrassed me, by being unprepared or by being a poor audience. I was a little worried about that.

Secondly, my observed lesson went OK, and the 2 minute version of the feedback (I'm getting the full version tomorrow) was positive.

Add to this roleplaying tonight (w00t!), the arrival of Harsh Realm on DVD in the mail, and the proximity of the holi-holi-holidays, and smiles are inevitable.

PS: Stay tuned for the inevitable lesson from hell which destroys all this genki. Will it be a fistfight in the computer lab which destroys thousands of dollars worth of chairs (the PCs are probably very cheap to replace, cheaper than furniture)? Will it be a secret hidden piece of paperwork which I've missed, which prevents me from getting a pay rise? Will it be an attack of rabid year 9 metal tech students, with sharply lathed spears and crude shields? Who knows, only time will tell...



No comments: