Monday, May 24, 2004

Lovely Weekend



Well, that was nice. This weekend Debbie and I played host to my sister Lynda and her husband Gregg. It was a surprise visit organised by Gregg. Lynda knew they were taking a trip, but didn't know where until they arrived at the airport. It was a very nice weekend.
We ate dinner in town on Friday, and saw '50 First Dates', a movie which I quite enjoyed. The romanceyness of it was quite charming, and the humour was pretty on the money also. Most enjoyable.

We also went bowling, went to Lindale, wandered around central Wellington, and spent some chilled out time at home. Debbie and I were pretty damn tired at times, but it was a lot of fun.

Exciting bowling story: Whilst at the bowling alley, they had a few prizes to give away. All you had to do was bowl a ball between the legs, facing away from the pins, and knock over 7 or more pins. lynda gave it a try, and knocked down 7 with her first ball. The prize was a free game. I gave it a try, and guttered the first ball. Lynda had made it look so easy! However, my second ball through the legs was my third best ball of the game - 9 pins! I only managed one strike and one spare during the game, and both of those were after the through-the-legs shot. It got my mojo going :) Debbie also managed 7 pins, on her second ball through the legs. It was a lot of fun, and we ended up with 4 free games as prizes!



No comments: