Today, I am 28 years old. I am also sick, which mars the occasion a little. On the plus side, I am not at school today, having set up activities yesterday which would make it relatively easy to take today off. I felt really pants yesterday, and knew I wouldn't be going in to school today.
Birthdays are good. As are days off. I particularly like the luxury of being able to sit in front of a heater, eat whatever random food I happen to be craving (Rogan Josh Tuna Toasted Sandwich for breakfast), and not having to look awake or talk coherently. Very nice.
On another note, I saw Hellboy this weekend, and on a rating from cool to awesome, it was off the frickin' scale! . (Sorry, that very StrongBadesque phrase was used by a fashion guru on the E! channel last night, and it almost made Debbie choke to death with laughter). It was a cool, cool movie, and it had something I've been hanging out to see for years : a really cool looking Cthulhuesque apocalypse scene.
Driving in from Lower Hutt to Wellington on a daily basis, I had a beautiful view of the harbour, and the town of Wellington nestled into the hills. An incredibly beautiful, charming vista. I've lost count of the number of times I thought to myself, "It would be so cool to see a movie where dread Cthulhu rose out of the water, on a bright sunny day like this, and laid waste to this city. Obviously he'd need a welcoming committee of cultists on the docks (who'd be the first to be crushed), and he might not destroy the whole city - just a few selected buildings as a he cut a swathe to his mysterious destination. Man, that would rock."
For some reason, in my head, the movie would be a freaky 3D or total immersion style film, really realistic and huge in scale. Don't get me wrong - I love Wellington. I don't want Wellington to be destroyed. I'd just love to see Wellington take a pounding from a Great Old One. Sigh...
So anyhoos, without giving too much away, there are cool Cthulhuesque gods in Hellboy, and they blew me away. I will be seeing this movie again, at the cinema and on DVD when it comes out. It is da bomb.
No comments:
Post a Comment