The days are getting frostier and Matt is craving the hot food. Actually, Matt is craving the food full stop. But hot food is best on cold days. I find myself wanting to cook hot meals for breakfast, and having to restrain myself. You can only have so many dinners in one day – I think 2 is a sensible maximum.
It was particularly cold up on the hills where Debbie’s horse lives. We went and fed him (and another horse who shares a paddock with him – wow, I believe that’s the first time I’ve written the word paddock in many a month. Paddock. Seems a somehow odd word now that I focus on it), and made sure he wasn’t too hot or too cold. Not much danger of the former up there! I was begloved, behatted, bescarved and bejacketted, but I was still bechillied. (mmmm, chilli...)
Debbie and I had lovely Malaysian food last night from KKs in Wellington – the Kung Po Chicken was particularly good (I’m very glad I ordered medium, and not hot. It was spicyyy!). We then wandered down to the Regent to see Spiderman 2. The décor and atmosphere there are so much nicer than in my day. The small number of patrons probably helps – there were about 20 or so people in the 6:15 session of Spidey. I enjoyed the movie – it was a very solid, if unsurprising, outing for Mr Raimi. I did enjoy Bruce Campbell’s cameo, the gleeful hospital scene (which reminded me more than a little of the Evil Dead movies), and Spidey in the elevator was fun. Very much a continuation of the first film, but cool. And Doctor Octopus was awesome – like a hotdog.
Half the holidays have slid by already. When did that happen? They have been greatly enjoyable, and rather busy, so far. I’m looking forward to the next week, though I probably have to do a couple of days’ work in there somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment