Saturday, July 21, 2007

Novel writing

The kiwinowrimo challenge finishes on Wednesday. The idea was to write a 50,000 word novel in one month (31 days). Two weeks of the challenge were the school holidays, so despite the added pressures of the last week of term 2 being the first week, and the first week and a half of term 3 being the final bit of the challenge, I decided to give it ago anyways.

I am writing a novel about a group of students doing a Shakespeare short film contest. It's pretty squarely aimed at the teen/English department market, and I am on track to be finished by Wednesday, all going well. It's been a really fun challenge, with the camaraderie of a livejournal community to post progress to, and the discipline of a 1,612 words a day target. There were a few days when I didn't get any writing done, a few where I wrote a lot, but mostly I've been tortoising along. I will post an update if and when I do actually finish, which will hopefully be within the next few days!


44,601 / 50,000
(89.2%)

2 comments:

hix said...

Go, Matt!

Matt said...

It's now 7:36pm Sunday, and I'm up to 47,500. I'm going to watch Northanger Abbey tonight, so probably won't do much (any?) more writing, but I am inching closer...