Wednesday, December 01, 2004

No He'sa Not, He's Wearing a Neck-a-the!



Well, now I know how to cause a comotion in my form class. I just have to show up wearing a tie.
I suppose they haven't seen me in a tie all year, and I wasn't wearing one this morning, so it did come as a bit of a shock to the poor kiddies. And it is the last day of the year. Still, the reaction was extreme and varied. Mostly they just thought it was funny, which I kind of agree with, but one kid started criticising me for wearing my old ratty zip-off pants with a nice shirt and tie. She was right, but it wasn't really very helpful.

Fortunately, 2 other students leapt to my defence (no, really, they actually did leap to my defence) with hearty cries of:

"Shut up, he looks good."

and

"He looks better than you you stupid cow!"

It was sweet, and an aggressive form of bullying, but sweet. I shall probably not wear a tie tomorrow, as I won't be on stage for the Y9 prizegiving. I am a little excited about the prospect of 2 lessons to go. If they weren't 2 Year 9 lessons, it'd be even better (unless they were Y10, which could be worse I suppose).

Evidently my Y9 class were really good for their reliever this afternoon, and my other Y9 class were really good this morning (for them), so maybe I'll revise my last-day-grammar-lesson plans, and try to organise a last-day-quiz with some sort of candy as prizes.

Then I get to eat the left-over candy too!


No comments: