Whew, these holidays sure have been action packed. Today is the first quiet day we've had in a long time. The holidays started with a bang, with awesome InSpectres on Friday. Then there was a cultural evening of foreign food and foreign films at Aslan and Shiva's house on Saturday. Then there was much tidying up, and pirate snacks and a slide show of Norm's trip to the USA on Sunday. Monday was quiet.
On Tuesday we drove down to Debbie's parents' place for costume sewing, with the cat in her cat-box on the back seat. She talked a lot, and didn't seem too thrilled by the trip, but was fine once we arrived. We stayed the night at Debbie's parents' house, then were very kindly driven to the airport by Debbie's mum at 5:30 in the morning. Onto a plane, and down to Christchurch we went!
Back on Thursday night, very late as the plane had been delayed in Queenstown. We decided to drive home straight away, even though it was late. We arrived home around midnight, with the cat slightly less disgruntled about being in the car, and quite relaxed and happy about being home. She seems to travel pretty well between here and her old home, which will make future travels much easier, as long as Debbie’s folks don’t mind babysitting our cat.
Friday saw us down at Debbie’s folks’ place again, sewing and seeing to horses, then going out for delicious Japanese food with cosplayers and con attendees. Then we went to the girlflat + svend and sang Singstar. It was huge fun.
Saturday – more sewing (we made the costume in small bursts of activity, and I was making a green robe as well, which I made adjustments to), then partying in celebration of Svend’s 31st birthday. It was cool! We stayed until about 1 or 1:30, then meandered back up the coast. I cooked chicken when I got home as I was way too hungry, so ended up staying up until 3am.
Sunday – Armageddon Cosplay day! More details in the next post, but we had to get up early, do last minute costume stuff, and get to Armageddon. I was hungover, which was less than cool. Everything went well, and we won. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment