CSI comes to the Science Lab
I heard a great story recently. A kid had been given a detention in science, and the incident had been written up and forwarded to the form teacher. The form teacher read out the incident sheet, and I could not help but smile. It went something like this (names changed to protect the ridiculous):
"Jim got into trouble for squirting acid at another student today. At first, he protested that he had merely splashed water on Mark, but when we tested Mark's pants with litmus paper, Jim confessed."
A victory of science over childish imbecility! Hoorah!
On another note, I yelled at one of my classes today. Really yelled - hairline tingling, blood rushing to the brain type yelling. More than one kid said "whoa, scary". What I yelled was fairly polite, something like 'ladies and gentlemen that is an unacceptable level of noise!", but it got the message across well and good. Silence ensued, though the little whippersnappers weren't able to keep it up for long. I did enjoy the silence afterwards, and being able to use my gentlest voice to tell them off ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment