Friday, July 30, 2004

What was I thinking?



On a day when I'm pretty damn tired from family stress, driving, and a week of teaching, I volunteered to cover half a class for another teacher. Maybe I was temporarily insane at the time. Whatever the case, I have to toodle off and mind a class of kids doing a test of some kind. They're an extension class, so I don't anticipate it being terribly hard. And it's the second half of the class, so they will have already been counted and settled by another teacher. I can just breeze in, do a little marking, collect the tests and breeze out.
That's the plan, anyway. I have some incident forms ready just in case I have to hand out detentions ;)

It has been a busy couple of days - updates will follow, when I get some time off. I'm mad keen to scan some pictures of mammoths I drew during Parent-Teacher interviews.

Cool random thing from today - a student gave me a picture of an elephant along with her homework today. Evidently her friend's mother reported that I was having trouble drawing elephants during P-T interviews. I was equal parts offended at the slight to my drawing skills, and pleased that the student had been thoughtful enough to draw me an elephant.

This was a senior student, too!



No comments: