Reports of a
pig in the neighbourhood have not been exaggerated. It was cute, and stubborn, and wildly unexpected. Next time it visits I shall endeavour to take its photo. On a tangential side note, the helpful pig-wrangling neighbour turned out to be the father of one of my students. We live in a small town.
I just finished reading DK2, The Dark Knight Strikes Again. For all its minor flaws, I quite liked it. Sure, the art-work wasn't as good as the first one, and sure the colours seemed a little slap-dash or tacky in places, and there were one or two plot elements that made me go *huh?*. But on the whole, I still liked it. It was nice visiting with Frank Miller's styles again - it's been a while since I last read anything of his.
Finally (for now), I have decided that I'd like to be able to draw manga styles. Specifically, the kind of artwork used in Fruits Basket. I shall be embarking on an upskilling programme, starting soonish. Results may be terrible, but what the heck - it's nice to try new styles. That reminds me of a picture I drew during an excellent Buffy game recently.
I was pleased with it, though the lighting could have been done better, perhaps. It is not a Buffy picture, but rather an image for the
Unbound Book. Land of the Rising Dead should be appearing in the UBB soonish, and I'm illustrating it. Nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment