I'm currently listening to a very, very silly parody of Portishead by British Comedian Bill Bailey. It's an mp3 I found here, along with a few other bits and pieces. The 2 episodes of 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue' are 25 minutes long each, and are kind of amusing in an old fashioned, BBC radio sort of way. They really don't feel like modern shows, but then the audience is probably octogenarians. Tim Brooke Taylor accompanying the Pet Shop Boys record of Go West is pretty painful. It starts out like bad Karaoke, then they turn the record off, so you just have the bad singing, then they bring the record back for a bar to see how out of time the singer is. Bill Bailey doing Ziggy Stardust is also an oddity. He does 'sing' the guitar bits, which is mildly amusing, but on the whole, I kind of went huh? The sound effects charade of 'Neighbours from Hell' was unusual also. Being a wireless show, they basically acted out a skit about organising a street party with the neighbours 'Old Nick', Mr and Mrs Luicifer at number 666, and Adolf and Eva being inside wathching Third Reich from The Sun. The other team then had to guess the title of the TV show.
Then there was this - any guesses as to the title of this film:
"Who's that fellow over there?"
"He's half Sri-Lankan, and half Czech."
I'm back home, too, having braved a morning at school. I'm getting a little tired of being sick, truth be told, but the not being at school isn't so bad ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment