This week there are exams at my school, and I had to supervise a group of Y13 students. Seventh formers. This is their 3rd year of doing exams, so they pretty much know the drill. I was pleased to see that none of them talked during the exam, or tried to pass notes. There were 2 students, however, who had the same issue.
Over the course of 7 school days, these students will have 5 or 6 exams. That's about 10 to 15 hours during which they have to be without their cellphones. Apparently, that's too much for some students. I caught 2 kids who kept their cellphones in their pockets despite multiple instructions and warnings that they had to either put their cellphones in their bags at the front of the class, or put them in a box on the teacher's desk. Then one kid had the audacity to try to text someone in the middle of the exam!
Surprisingly, the HOD didn't look kindly on the offence, and the girl in questions is not going to have her exam marked. She gets a big fat zero.
The puzzling thing is, that despite being told repeatedly that they aren't allowed to have phones in exams, kids still persist in doing it. They just can't bear to be separated from their phones. I may be an old fogey, but I just don't get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment