I really don't like people phoning during dinner to beg money for charities. I also don't like the way people holding buckets, standing on streetcorners make me feel guilty. I have nothing against the charities, quite the opposite, but I don't like being made to feel guilty for not supporting them.
However, there is a form of fundraising that I highly approve of, and that is food based fundraising. I'm quite happy to pay $2 for a chocolate bar if half of that is going to some worthy cause. I'm a noble man - I'll eat a sausage in bread with oodles of sauce and onions if it helps the Japanese students get closer to a trip to Tokyo. I'm right there on the front line, eating my way toward a happier world. Sausage sizzles are a greasy highway to goodness.
Man, now I feel guilty and greedy. I'll have to go find a bucket-bearing charity worker, and buy them a sausage or something...
No comments:
Post a Comment