Monday, May 03, 2004

Crazy Dream Picture



Back when I was living in Japan, I had a friend named Greg. He was a Canadian, and was in the process of slowly breaching the dress code at work by growing his hair long. He also grew a cool handlebar moustache / goatee thing, and started to look a little like a biker, but that's beside the point.
Debbie and I used to be able to sleep a lot. We didn't start work until 1pm many days (we worked until 9pm), which meant plenty of sleeping in in the morning. I have all my coolest dreams after the hour of 8am, at least the coolest ones I can remember.

Having moved house recently, I was going through a box of stuff, trying to sort it into useful junk and useless junk, when I came across a pitcure.




It was something I drew at around 11am, having just woken from a dream. It's an image of Greg tying his hair back, extreme sports style. The funny thing is that it is a picture of a picture I dreamt about. I had a dream that I was sitting at the kitchen table, looking at a cartoon I'd just drawn of Greg tying his hair back. So I drew it, chuckled quietly to myself, showed it to Debbie (but not to Greg) and put it into the back of my drawing pad. Then, a couple of years later, I found it again.

I make a happy, nostalgic sigh...

No comments: