Monday, May 28, 2007

Changing facial topography

I had many, many hours of sleep over the weekend. Many more than I had in the previous weekend (or any weekend since the holidays, I suspect). It was very, very good and it led to an interesting transformation. I was yawning in the supermarket (even catch-up sleep cannot defeat the yawn-inducing power of waiting at the checkout), and I put one hand up to rub my cheek lazily and discovered that my face had subtly changed shape. Gone were the swollen, puffy lower eye-lids that are standard issue for Matt during term time. Gone was the palpable delineation between sleep-deprived eyelid tissue and cheek. I'd somehow de-panda-ised my eyes, through the simple technique of getting some sleep. I am led to wonder what other changes might take place, were I to regularly get enough sleep? Might aches and pains that I have come to regard as chronic symptoms of aging in fact be signs of over-tiredness? Sadly, it's not even 3pm Monday and I can feel that I've already refilled 80% of my tiredness batteries. Le sigh. I will await the long weekend with baited breath, and after that, the holidays! (where Debbie and I are pretty keen to make another 3 Moviefest films. Or more. After all, the entry fee is only $25 and it's soooo much easier than making a 48 film. yes, this will make me tired. but at least it will be the good kind of tired. apparently i have given myself a 'no capital letters' pass for this set of parentheses. i can type in lower case with impunity as i weild my 'get out of punctuation free' card like a monopolist intent on some free parking)


No comments: